Friday, April 11, 2008

What aSurprise

Well, just when we thought things couldn't surprise us! I had my bags packed and the girls taken care of overnight, but God had his own plans it turns out. My echocardiogram showed that the fluid had shrunk form 1.1 cm to .8 in a week and there was no reason to do an extraction. The power of prayer really does work or perhaps Jesus didn't like the thought of being sucked up by a needle from my heart and decided to take up residence somewhere else. Anyhow, I was free to go but will be watched closely form here on out. The doctor does not think that this amount of fluid can account for any fatigue or shortness of breath. The chemo can take full responsibility for that. Anyhow, I plan on taking the next two weeks off and relaxing with good friends and a good bottle of wine! Depending on how I feel this Sunday, all are welcome to come over to the house. I thought it would be fun for all the kids to take a whack at cutting my hair and voting on the best hairdo. After that we could shave it all off. How many opportunities does a child have at cutting someone else's hair?
Please continue to pray for us. We can feel it! Love to you all,
Ann

3 comments:

Tim said...

Good news Ann, hoping for a Mohawk today as one of your styles. Relax and enjoy the day!!!!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Ann - you are one awesome lady! Your strength and courage blow me away, girlfriend! As quoted in Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." I definitely felt God's presence in your home and on your back deck yesterday. How lucky WE are, who can call you friend! With much love and admiration, Linda

Anonymous said...

Ann - you can shave your head and even knick yourself in the process, you're still one of the most beautiful people I've ever met! And typical Ann to make sure the kids had a good time in the process - always thinking of others! Have a relaxing next 2 weeks, you deserve it.