Thursday, February 25, 2010

Are You There Spring?

What a great way to be welcomed home! I had so many cards from you that it took me three days to open them all. Even Zoe's class and the other third grade class inundated me with such creative and loving cards. Thank you Sacred Heart students for all your love! You rock
It's about that time where we are all at the point of being oh so over winter and the cold that it brings. It seems as though it has brought more to our household. Since I got out of the hospital I have been on the couch with little energy and terrible nausea. Today is my first good day and I am so very grateful for it. Along with my dilemmas also comes that of the rest of the family. Grace has missed another week of school due to a sinus infection which is not a huge deal but the antibiotic they put her on has given her severe stomach cramps and is just not comfortable at all. There is nothing worse than to hear your child cry in agony and there is absolutely nothing you can do. On top of that a nice little round of head lice has infested the school and yup, the girls got it. My prayers have been for Hal to stay healthy but God had other plans and because of all his running and taking care of EVERYTHING he has now battling a cold. Of course he is blowing if off as no big deal. Anyhow, things can only get better and they will. I know I sound hopeful now but I have to be honest and say that my trust and faith in my God was taken aback as I did nothing but ask him to help me and rid me of my pain. Once again my time frame and his are not quite synched and I was angry. For some reason it is hardest for me to pray and draw closer to Him when I am suffering. You would think it would be opposite. But when I did sit down and read my bible of course He answered me and made the words literally jump right out at me....
Isaiah 49; 14-16 The lord has forsaken me my lord has forgotten me. Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget i will never forget you. See upon the palms of my hands I have written your name your walls are ever before me.
I do believe at times that God has forgotten me, that he doesn't see nor hear me... why doesn't he just do what i ask when I ask??? Because he has different plans- plans which are mysterious and hidden from me. I will continue to pray for the grace I need to bear my suffering patiently which he has now heard and given me. I am feeling so much better and can now understand a bit better what he has in store for me. I know that his plan includes telling you about my story. I need to share with you what I 've learned about Christ through our challenges and our thanksgiving for all that he has given me and my family. Al thought we undergo our trials we wouldn't change what we have learned about our faith and our God.
The sun is shining and the month of February is almost over. Soon we will see little bits of green popping out and perhaps some flowers. I will wait patiently for the change in season because I know it will come, that's how He has planned it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

: )

Sallie said...

Ann:
As Spring is arriving slowly here, you have been on my heart. Just wondering how you are doing? Feeling better?
Sending sunshine and good Karma from S.C.
Sallie