Thursday, August 28, 2008

People have been asking me what has been going on with me lately, that I haven't blogged in a while. Well the truth is I have been enjoying what is left of the summer. Since I started feeling better it has been just time spent with the girls and Hal. We did end up going to Colorado to see my family. It was a great trip and good to see everyone. Our next trip was to Lake of the Ozarks along with some other families. The girls loved the lake and the condo we stayed in. Thanks Gwen and Ryan for your generosity. Even with me being so sick most of the summer, I honestly have to say that this was the best summer ever. We just had so much fun hanging out and not having to be anywhere. School started back this week and Grace started kindergarten. She absolutely loves it and was so ready. After I dropped them off I came home and just sat in the silence. I have been feeling good. My joint pain still bothers me but not to the degree that it limits me. I have started working out again and have put some weight on. Hal says I no longer look so frail. I go in for another PET scan on sept 10th with a follow up with the doctor on the 17th. I hate the fact that as the date approaches I start to think that the cancer could be back. If it does we'll beat it up again that's all. Can't think like that anyhow, too much of life to live and enjoy. Please continue to pray for us and for all those who suffer each day.
As Hannah Montana would say..... "Life's what you make it so let's make it rock". Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schierts,
Been thinking about you, so I'm glad to see your updated posting. Good for you for getting out and enjoying what's left of summer!

I hope all goes well with your PET scan. As always, you're in my prayers.

All my best to you and your family ~ Anna